Saturday, September 22, 2012

Beaucon Shimmer Blue- honeycolor.com

I reviewed Honeycolor.com in my super pinky grey post. They have a good lens selection, NICE cases, good prices and frequently have free shipping.

I was nervous about ordering the beaucon (a.k.a Neovision) shimmer lenses in blue. They had great reviews but i thought there would be no way for this to blend with my eye color and I thought they would look fake. I was also concerned about their size since they're only 14mm. but my concerns were unnecessary. I LOVE THESE LENSES!! The color doesn't darken my eye at all. They're bright but they blend and look unique but natural. they don't enlarge my eye but they're so nice that I don't care.

Color/design: 10/10
     These lenses are tri-tone and as you'd expect, they have 3 parts: a dark outer ring, the main color (in this case, a turquoise-blue) and an inner star burst or blending ring (an olive-yellow). The outer ring on the shimmer series are dark and defined but not thick (which is good on such a small lens). The blue is more of a turquoise and it's fairly opaque. the yellow ring seems more sheer and it's not very thick.strangely, from a distance these seem blue-grey in certain light.
Enlargement: 2/10
    The darkness of the limbal ring is a bit more intense than mine so that makes my eyes seem a tiny bit bigger but these are small lenses.
Comfort:7/10
    They're small (normal-sized) lenses so i hold them to a higher standard in terms of comfort.  It takes a bit of eye-rolling to get these in to a comfortable position sometimes but generally they're fine. They're comfortable enough for a full day.
Naturalness: 9/10
     In full bright sunlight you can see them at certain angles. My friends also know I don't have blue eyes so they notice them. I also feel like such a drastic color change from bright blue to olive brown doesn't exist in nature so they're kinda fake looking even thought they blend REALLY well.  If I get these in green I think they'd be a 10 out 10 for me.

These lenses are perfect for those looking for a fairly natural color change but don't care about enlargement. they look nice on hazel and light brown eyes. The blending ring probably would look bad on grey or blue eyes. they are visible but not as bright on darker eyes. the color is lovely and I'll definitely be trying more from the series.

4 comments:

  1. I'm really happy I have found your blog. I have the same natural eye colors as you have right now. It's often hard to know what the lens looks like on hazel eyes because most reviews are done by Asian who have very dark eyes. So thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! That's exactly why I created this blog. I find that light eyes look different in contacts. Lenses that look great on dark eyes often look horrible on light eyes! I have a lot more lenses to review, I hope you'll come back to my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. do you know or any circle lenses that look like your natural eye color?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The breeze hazel lenses I reviewed look a lot like my own eyes but they're sheer and not very comfortable for me.
    The beaucon shimmer in green actually looks kind of like my natural eyes when worn over medium-dark brown eyes from what I've seen. They have a yellow-ish ring in the center an they're very sheer so they look pretty natural.
    Neo Vision princess in camel brown or mint green look similar to my eyes too. EOS gothic 3 tones in hazel look like my eye color too.
    In general, if you want a hazel brown color, avoid lenses in "choco" or chocolate brown, they'll be more red tones. Look for lenses that come in "honey". beware of stock photos, they're usually lighter than the real lenses!

    ReplyDelete