Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Vivi Eye-Natural green prettypeeps.com



These were the second pair of lenses I received but they were the first pair that I ordered. I wasn't very knowledgeable about circle lenses when I bought them so I made a few mistakes. First off, I didn't look for seller reviews. I got lucky that pretty peeps was great but in general buying from a seller without reviews is a gamble. The next mistake I made was buying lenses made by a manufacturer that I never heard of. Again, I got lucky (these lenses are the most comfortable ones I own) but I would recommend looking for reviews. The next noob mistake I made was believing that they were 18mm in diameter. Anything over 15mm is referring to the "effect" unless you're buying a full eye or sclera lens, it won't be over 15mm.

I had a good experience with prettypeeps.com, they are a reliable seller and take payment via PayPal which gives you some security. They have a large variety of very unique lenses!! It took a while for my lenses to arrive because they had been back ordered but she let me know right away and she gave me a travel case and cell phone charm to apologize for the wait. :) My items came well bubble wrapped and the vials came in their original boxes. I regret not taking photos. She also wrote a nice little thank you message on the
envelope :)
little message on the envelope

I love these lenses!! The green is a bit dark but it's definitely noticeable. I think these would suit medium to dark brown eyes best. If you have green, grey or blue eyes they would probably darken them too much. They are opaque with a fairly normal sized pupil hole so they will cover most of your natural eye color.  They have a relatively thick limbal ring but it's etched instead of solid so it's not harsh. They have an 8.6 mm base curve and 56% water content.

lens closeup




Color/Design: 8/10
   The green is noticeable but a tad dark. The limbal ring is enough to emphasize the eyes but not too harsh
Comfort: 10/10
    I can wear these for 10 hours (even though you shouldn't). I've traveled in them, napped in them and they're great!!
Enlargement: 8/10
   That's actually perfect for me. I feel like they're enough to make your eyes pop but not so much that they're too unnatural. for some reason, I find they seem more enlarging in dim lighting.
Naturalness: 8/10
   They're not obvious from a conversational distance. The color has enough yellow/olive tones so they're close to my hazel eyes. Even people who know me don't notice them right away.

I would recommend these lenses for people with light brown eyes like mine. For those with naturally green eyes, they will enlarge your eyes and blend fairly well but they'll probably diminish your color. Similarly, i think they'd look natural on darker blue eyes but they will also diminish color. I wouldn't recommend these for light blue or grey eyes. i think the color transition around the pupil will look too harsh. For dark eyes these would be a subtle but noticeable color change.
All in all, these are my favorite lenses!! I recommend these!

No comments:

Post a Comment